Cyprus is known as one of the most attractive touristic destinations in Europe. With beautiful landscapes and warm temperatures, and an attractive lifestyle, the country can be an ideal destination for foreigners who are seeking to relocate to a new country. Besides this, there are numerous economic advantages that can be obtained when moving to Cyprus, especially in the case of foreign businessmen who want to set up a company here. In case you want to immigrate to Cyprus, our team of lawyers can give you more details about these advantages.
Our Cyprus immigration lawyers can assist natural persons who want to relocate to this country, but also foreign businessmen interested in investing in a new country or expanding an existing business to this market. Our lawyers can also provide legal representation to the family of our clients, who has the right of relocating to Cyprus.
With in-depth experience in this field, our lawyers have helped over the years numerous foreigners seeking to obtain a visa in this country, to relocate here for a short-term or long-term basis, or even applying for Cypriot citizenship. Foreigners interested in receiving immigration services in this country can find out below the ways our immigration lawyer in Cyprus can be of assistance.
Basic immigration services our lawyers can provide in Cyprus
Our immigration lawyer in Cyprus can represent clients from all around the world and can assist them regardless of their citizenship. Foreigners should know that the legislation available in Cyprus distinguishes between citizens of the EU and citizens outside the EU, which means that different regulations will apply. With regards to the ways in which our immigration lawyer can be of assistance, we mention the following:
• participating in the Cypriot investment program, through which foreign investors can obtain residency in this country and even Cypriot citizenship;
• obtaining the temporary residence permit and the permanent residence permit, after having lived here for a specific period of time;
• providing legal advice on the manner in which a foreigner can become a Cypriot citizen; our immigration lawyer in Cyprus has helped many foreign citizens obtain Cyprus citizenship;
• applying for a work permit, which is designed for persons who are seeking employment in this country;
• preparing the documentation for family reunification programs for the family members of third-country foreigners;
• assist with legal advice on the regulations applied in Cyprus for intra-corporate transfers;
• offering information on the types of visas available in this country and the documents an applicant should submit.
Don’t hesitate to ask for our help if you intend to immigrate to Cyprus and need specialized legal assistance.
How can foreigners obtain a residence permit in Cyprus?
Foreigners moving to Cyprus have to be aware of the fact that once they have arrived in this country, they should conclude a set of steps that will allow them to live here on a legal basis. The procedure for obtaining a residence permit varies based on the type of document one is interested in. The legislation in Cyprus provides two basic types of residence permits: temporary residence permits and permanent residence permits.
With regards to temporary residence permits available for those who want to immigrate to Cyprus one should know that there are two categories: a temporary residence permit issued for employment purposes, divided into six main categories of employment, and the temporary residence permit known as the Pink Slip, which allows the right to live here as a visitor, but not the right of working. Our immigration lawyer in Cyprus can give you more details about these types of temporary residence permits.
Foreigners should know that a temporary residence permit is required for non-EU nationals who are planning to stay here for a period longer than 3 months. The temporary residence permit is usually issued for a period of one year. Permanent residence permits can be obtained after five years of living in this country, under specific conditions. Foreigners who would like to immigrate to Cyprus can receive more details about the permanent residence permits from our team of lawyers.
Visas for Cyprus
There are around 134 countries for which a visa for Cyprus is required. Citizens from Botswana, Belize, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Haiti, India, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Gambia, Fiji, Georgia, Iran, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Laos, Kenya, Jamaica, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mauritania, Morocco, Moldova, Serbia and Montenegro, Mongolia, Nepal, Mozambique, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Suriname, Turkey, UAE, Vietnam, Yemen, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Thailand, Ukraine, Russia, Qatar, Philippines, Peru, North Korea, Cuba, China, Bahrain, Cambodia, and Colombia must apply for a visa to enter Cyprus. Here are the main categories of visas for Cyprus:
- Short-stay or travel visas are available for 90 days. These allow several entries in the country in a year.
- Long-stay visas for persons intending to stay more than 90 days in Cyprus, for work or study purposes.
- Transit visas are required to travel from one country to another by passing through Cyprus.
- Airport transit visas for citizens passing through the international transit area in airports to get another flight.
The application for a short-stay visa is straightforward and it involves a series of conditions that must be respected:
• The application form with complete personal information.
• A valid passport for at least 3 months.
• The travel itinerary comprising the return flight ticket.
• Proof of accommodation in Cyprus.
• An official letter invitation if the purpose of the visit to Cyprus is business or family reunification.
• Information about personal funds that should suffice for the entire stay in Cyprus.
All the steps involved in a visa application for Cyprus can be explained by one of our immigration lawyers in Cyprus. Those interested in relocation to Cyprus should ask for legal assistance and guidance. It is quite recommended to rely on the support of a specialist in immigration in Cyprus who knows the legislation and who can guide foreigners throughout the entire visa application process.
Cyprus Permanent Residence Programme
Non-EU citizens who intend to make investments in Cyprus can benefit from special programmes sustained by the Ministry of Interior in this country. An investment of at least EUR 300,000 in real estate properties is one of the conditions to enter the Cyprus Permanent Residence Program. This condition refers to a single applicant and the spouse. Also, the investor must deposit EUR 30,000 in a Cypriot bank account, a sum that will be locked for 3 years. Another condition involves an annual income of at least EUR 30,000 derived from overseas or country of origin, from incomes like salaries, pensions, dividends, rents, etc. Additional EUR 5,000 is required for each child in the family. Among the benefits of this programme we mention the possibility of traveling freely without the restriction to stay in Cyprus. Children can benefit from top education and excellent private schools in Cyprus, plus a climate and great conditions of living alongside family members. The Cyprus Permanent Residence Programme is quite appealing to foreigners who want to take advantage of great standards of living provided by this country. If you need legal advice and more details on this matter, please feel free to discuss it with our immigration lawyers in Cyprus. We have experience in a wide range of immigration matters, including the ones related to specific programmes.
Choosing our immigration services in Cyprus
Cyprus welcomes foreigners who want to enjoy great standards of living in a safe and appreciated country. There are specific countries that require attention for entry visas for Cyprus, a matter where our immigration lawyers can offer in-depth support and assistance. The Immigration Law in Cyprus is quite permissive, yet there are specific conditions to understand and to respect, mostly in matters of visas, work permits, and residence permits. These aspects enter our concern, so persons interested in immigration to Cyprus can rely on the support, professionalism, and competence of our specialists.
In the case of company relocation to Cyprus, the requirements are straightforward and mostly refer to the types of documents that must be prepared, starting with a declaration signed by company owners and ending with the approvals issued by the authorities in Cyprus. We also take care of these matters and we can provide immediate assistance and dedicated services to each client who gets in touch with us.
Migration trends in Cyprus
When referring to Cyprus migration, the country is characterized by a high number of immigrants interested in living and working here, but it must be noted that there is a high level of emigration as well. However, the rate of immigrants moving to Cyprus is much higher compared to the ones leaving this country. Below, we present some of the main trends:
• in 2017, Cyprus was the 3rd EU country with the highest immigration volume, compared to the size of the Cypriot population;
• a total of 17,350 persons immigrated to Cyprus in 2017;
• from the total number of immigrants, EU citizens accounted for 9,315 persons;
• non-EU immigrants moving to Cyprus accounted for 8,035 persons in 2017;
• at the level of the same year, 3,956 Cypriot citizens relocated to other countries.
Persons interested in receiving immigration services in this country are invited to contact our immigration lawyer in Cyprus. Our team can assist with additional services, other than the ones presented in this article. Please contact our lawyers for professional assistance and tailored advice concerning the most suitable way you can immigrate to Cyprus.